Contact Dunks is one of the mechanics that come back in the NBA 2K23; they are vital to any big man’s game plan. But some requirements must be met if you wish to perform a Contact Dunk. This guide will break down all contact dunk requirements in NBA 2K23 and how they work.
What is a Contact Dunk?
As the name implies, a contact dunk is a dunk where the two players make contact with each other, and the ball handler pushes through said contact to lay down the basket anyway.
Of course, there’s a fine line when it comes to contact dunks, as too much contact or contact that is actively too aggressive will draw a foul, rendering the dunk meaningless as it won’t result in any points being added to the scoreboard.
All Contact Dunk Requirements in NBA 2K23
Here are the Requirements to perform Contact Dunk in NBA 2K23:
• Small Contact Dunks Off One – You will need Driving Dunk 86+ & Player must be shorter than 6’5″.
• Elite Bigman Contact Dunks – You will need Standing Dunk 90+ & Player must be above 6’10”.
• Pro Contact Dunks Off One – You will need Driving Dunk 84+ & Vertical 75+.
• Elite Contact Dunks Off One – You will need Driving Dunk 92+ & Vertical 85+.
• Pro Bigman Contact Dunks – You will need Driving Dunk 80+ & Player must be above 6’10”.
• Elite Contact Dunks Off Two – You will need Driving Dunk 92+ & Vertical 80+.
• Small Contact Dunks Off Two – You will need Driving Dunk 86+ & Player must be shorter than 6’5″.
• Pro Contact Dunks Off Two – You will need Driving Dunk 84+ & Vertical to 70+.
Once you meet the above requirements, you can create the perfect contact dunk by utilizing a player profile that matches the height and attributes above.
How to View Contact Dunk Requirements in NBA 2K23?
These contact dunk requirements will also be available to view in the game as follow:
1). Go to the MyPLAYER menu.
2). Scroll over to the “MyPLAYER” tab.
3). From there, use X (or A) to select “animations.”
4). Once in the animations screen, use L1 and R1 (or LB and RT) to toggle over to the “animations store.”
5). You’ll then want to select “NBA Dunks and Layups” followed by “Contact Dunks.”
6). Once you’ve reached the contact dunks tab, you’ll see all the available contact dunk variations in the game and the animations that go with them.
7). At the bottom of the contact dunks tab, you’ll also see the requirements that must be met for each animation.
How to Get Contact Dunks in NBA 2K23?
To make a contact dunk, you first need to hold the R2/RT button while driving toward the rim and then hold the X/A Shoot button. Remember to keep an eye on the dunk meter and release the buttons right as it turns green to make a perfect Contact Dunk.
Another thing you need to look for while performing Contact Dunk is the Dunk Meter. Here are the button sequences you need to know:
• Tap the Turbo button (R2 or RT) while driving to the basket.
• Hold up on the right stick when you are close enough.
• Flick down when the dunk animation starts, but be quick.
• Flick down twice faster and hold it down.
The Dunk Meter is a circle that appears initially as yellow, but once you make corrections, it will turn green. You aim to target the ball in the green part of the circle.
If you are not getting the Contact Dunk. Just attack the defender’s side and dunk using the right stick instead of the shoot X button. If another team player is directly underneath the basket, you will 100% get the contact Dunk.
You will never get the Contact Dunk if one or two people are in the paint. The game mechanics of the NBA 2K23 does not allow you to have the Contact Dunk if anyone is in the paint.
NBA 2K23: Contact Dunk badges
Below are the Finishing badges required to have the Contact Dunk in the NBA 2K23:
• Limitless Takeoff (HOF)
• Posterizer (HOF)
• Slithery Finish (HOF)
• Contact Finisher (HOF)
If you follow the contact dunk requirements above, you’ll be able to build the best dunker possible. If you are interested in more NBA 2K23 guides, news, and getting cheap NBA 2K23 MT, please check out here.