As in NBA 2K21 and NBA 2K22, MyNBA is exclusive to the PlayStation 5/Xbox Series X|S version of NBA 2K23, and it’s also the best franchise mode experience in the sports video game universe. Here are 17 things you should know about the MyNBA mode in NBA 2K23.
1. Eras Offers the Ultimate Time Machine to NBA 2K Franchise Fans
Players have access to a time machine through MyNBA that enables them to start a new MyNBA save at a particular period in NBA history known as an Era. The league will have the same number of teams it did at that time, with accurate rosters (limited by the players 2K has a license to use), and you’ll have the opportunity to replay or rewrite NBA history from that point.
2. You Can Still Play Traditional MyNBA
You can start at the beginning of the 2022-23 season if you choose to experience MyNBA the way it has been offered for the past few years.
3. Start Today Feature Will Return
The Start Today feature will also return, offering players an opportunity to pick up mid-season with any current NBA team once the 2022-23 season is underway.
4. Players Will NOT Visually Age
While players in Eras will age in years and ultimately retire, they will not go through a visual transformation each year.
5. You Can Edit Draft Classes & Roster Within the Eras Feature
Each historical Era will have its own official roster and Draft Classes. Roster and Draft Class customization is also available to add missing players.
6. Team Brand
Team branding is accurate to each Era and, by default, will change through the years to reflect reality. Over 100 new floors have been added this year.
7. Jordan Challenge
The era-specific video filters and presentation from the revamped Jordan Challenge will also be utilized during their Eras in MyNBA.
8. Commentary and Presentation Will Change as Your MyNBA Rolls On
One of the biggest treats of this mode is the era-specific commentary and presentation. Presentation packages will also be era-specific with screen filters that reflect the decade and overlays and score bugs consistent with the time.
9. League Rules, Expansion, and Relocation are Included as it Did in History
Users can veto historical changes, including relocation, expansion, and league rules.
10. Injuries Have Been Revamped for MyNBA
In NBA 2K23, injuries will happen at a realistic pace in games with the following factors set to determine an injury:
• Injury history
• Wear-and-tear through a season
• Contextual bumps and tweaks, meaning the in-game injuries should align with the sort of contact or fall that occurred in the game.
11. Player Progression Fixes
The player progression system had some holes addressed before the release of NBA 2K23.
12. MyNBA Online Stability Has Been Massively Improved
MyNBA Online has gone through a deep examination to find the bugs and legacy issues and to remedy the ongoing server issues that plague the mode at some or throughout the release cycle.
13. Expansion teams will automatically join the NBA for the same season they did in real life. Manual expansion and re-branding are also still available.
14. Finances change over time, with larger salaries and an expanding salary cap.
15. There will be authentic All-Star jerseys, and players will wear their original team jerseys in All-Star Games during the years that concept was used.
16. The WNBA Playoff bracket has been updated to reflect the proper/current format, with the previous approach still being available as an option.
17. Team rivalry logic has been revamped for more intense gameplay, including physicality and aggressiveness when rivals meet.